What to do in Lexington
Looking for ideas of what to do in Lexington? We have compiled some of our favorite sights and attractions that you must see while you're here in the area. Whether you're looking for some adventure, or just a relaxing night in, there is something for everyone. We're also conveniently located near downtown Boston only a 20-minute drive away.
- Boston Children Museum
- Boston Common & Public Garden
- Boston Duck Tours
- Boston Symphony Hall
- Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum
- Chestnut Hill Mall
- Copley Place/Prudential Mall
- Faneuil Hall & Quincy Market
- Fenway Park
- Freedom Trail
- Lexington Battle Green
- Lexington Historical Society
- Minute Man National Historical Park
- Museum of Science
- National Heritage Museum
- New England Aquarium
- Newbury Street Shopping
- Scottish Rite Masonic Museum & Library
- TD Garden
- The Natick Collection/Natick Mall
- USS Constitution
How To Get Here
View our list of what to do in Lexington below.
- Minute Man National Historical Park - Borrow a bike from our hotel and ride the trails where the first battle of the American Revolution was held.
- Lexington Battle Green - Visit the site where the "shot heard around the world" was fired. Enjoy the outdoors with a walk around the green and view historical monuments from the Revolutionary War.
- Lexington Historical Society - Celebrate the history of Lexington, MA and it's significance to the American Revolution.
- National Heritage Museum - The fascinating exhibits at this unusual museum explore American history and culture.
- Boston Common & Public Garden - Enjoy nature - Find the Make Way for Ducklings statue, ride a swan boat, feed the ducks, or just stroll through the park. The Common was America's first park, the Public Garden its first public botanical garden.
- Boston Duck Tours - See Boston by land and by sea in a World War II amphibious landing vehicle. Cruise by all the places that make Boston the birthplace of freedom.
- Faneuil Hall & Quincy Market - Located near the waterfront and today's Government Center, this shopping destination right outside of Boston is the perfect place to grab a bite or shop unique vendors.
- Freedom Trail -Walk the 2.5-mile brick path through downtown Boston that leads to 16 significant historic sites. Enjoy historic Boston at your own pace.
Museums / Monuments
- Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum - Be a part of the Boston Tea Party at this museum.Enjoy exhibits, holograms, films, and visit the annual Boston Tea Party Reenactment on December 16 to watch actors throw tea into the Boston Harbor.
- USS Constitution - Tour the oldest floating navy vessel in the country.
- Boston Children's Museum - Bring your children here for a day of education and fun for the whole family.
- Museum of Science - New England's most highly attended cultural institution. Enjoy exhibits and experiments as well as the IMAX theater.
- New England Aquarium - The New England Aquarium includes the Simons IMAX Theater. Paint with the seals in an interactive exhibit, or tour the various tanks to see a variety of sea life.
- Scottish Rite Masonic Museum & Library - Learn about freemasonry during the American Revolution at this historic museum.
- Downtown Lexington - Enjoy the shops, cafes, bakeries and restaurants in quaint downtown Lexington.
- Burlington Mall - Shop over 115 specialty stores or dine in the expansive food court.
- Chestnut Hill Mall - Shop at this upscale indoor shopping mall featuring luxury retailers Apple, Bloomingdales, Brooks Brothers, Crate & Barrel, and Tiffany & Co., plus 45 additional stores within minutes of our hotel.
- The Natick Collection / Natick Mall - Visit the largest mall in the New England area with over 250 stores to choose from.
- Newbury Street Shopping - Enjoy the shops and cafe along Newbury Street, a trendy shopping district, in Boston's Back Bay area.
- Boston Symphony Hall - Enjoy the wonderful music of the Boston Symphony and Boston Pops while you're in town.
- TD Garden - New England's Premier Sports and Entertainment Arena, Home of the Boston Bruins and Boston Celtics.
- Fenway Park - Catch a home game at Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox. Also enjoy an infamous Fenway frank.